PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2011, 17:54
opherben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technologs ask questions.
Decision makers, having studied the evidence before them must provide timely answers. Two years on, the community, the customers, the families all need answers. I have conducted complex air accident investigations as chairman, in which I grounded the relevant fleet pending certain fixes, whose implementation was completed in the same week the accident took place. A question of attitude, which leads to proper operations risk management (ORM). I haven't seen ORM mentioned here, odd.

I maintain that a fliable aircraft CFIT is the result of pilot performance. Evident in the last BEA report.

Perpignan isn't the only similar case, they are numerous and indicate a fundamental conceptual error in pilot-aircraft interface. No matter how many pilots like to fly Airbus aircraft, they too fail to see the major shortcomings in that design.

Anything else is technologist wording, not managerial straight to the point decision. Leads to chaos.

Would be interesting to see how the final report dodges or dances to French aviation politics.

Last edited by opherben; 24th Jun 2011 at 18:07.