PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The R22 corner: Owning, flying & training questions
Old 24th Jun 2011, 11:58
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reckon TC has been having an enjoyable time, - and a fair feed on the way past.

If you read a few of his posts you'll see that there's a bit more to him (or her) than a just common connection in the industry.

Somewhere i had the idea that Ifresh was a plank student, could be wrong, that's been the context that structures my replies to him, or her.

Regardless of that forget downwind autos unless you are in the low level industry and after heaps of training. Any sort or tooling around the country joyriding or learning should always be in sight of a suitable area that can have at least a short final approach into wind.

There is only one rule, look after number one don't worry about the machine.

Just make sure that you can get the fuse down in an area that is reasonably clear and level and if the blades are going to cut their way down through light timber anything up to 3" in diameter (for a R22 they will, have seen that) and not too tall, then you should be able to walk away.

Conduct your auto to the ground as usual, even if the pitch links are smashed which is usual, then energy will be being absorbed by the timber cutting and you will be slowing down your ROD because of it.

Oh and don't walk too far away, stay with the machine as that is where you will be found when hellup comes a lookin'.
cheers tet