PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia's most trusted profession survey 2011
Old 24th Jun 2011, 10:44
Calldepartures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can guarantee that most of the conditions listed above do not apply to a Firey in the Metropolitan Fire Brigade. For example, sick leave is 144 hours per year. (that is 10 shifts {14 hour shifts}).

One overtime night shift is worth approximately 700 bucks. So from a salary of 72000, to earn 130000 would require about 83 overtime shifts per year. Say so that means an additional 1.5 shifts per week (21 hours). That means that you would have to work your normal 42 hour week plus 21. I would say 130,000 would be reasonable for someone working 63 hours per week day or night, weekends and public holidays.

Anyway, I can assure you that an MFB Firey does not get that much overtime. More like one shift a month if lucky

Calldepartures.

P.S I now have the full EBA of the MFB in my possession if anyone really cares to obtain more info.

P.S.S Please accept my apology for being drawn into the discussion on this non aviation topic, I just strongly believe that all emergency services have a very tough job and quite often are not appropriatley rewarded for their hard work. Not unlike a certain other occupation...

Cheers to all emerg service workers and volunteers alike