PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight Centre anyone?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2002, 20:56
rockaria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of comments about Stapleford and LGU.

I did the full time ATPL course at Guildhall through last year, i agree that there was room for improvement with regards to the notes but i believe that many of the student comments have been taken on board. It is true that there seems to be a low number of people who start the course there finishing all of their training within 12 months..but isnt that the case everywhere? In the middle of our course the unfortunate events of 9/11 occurred so many of the wannabees have put their training on hold until the airline industry picks up and recruitment once again starts happening.

As with any course you do, what you put in is what you get out.

I then commenced my CPL/multi IR training at Stapleford in January this year. The instruction was excellent the aircraft (especially the cpl/ir ones) are well maintained. It was true that a bottleneck occurred with the use of the one Arrow for CPL and early IR training but this has now been rectified with the new FNPT2 trainer, all the early IR training is now undertaken on this so freeing up the Arrow for the cpl training.

They managed to get me through all my exams in minimum hours with full first time passes, as they have done with many students before and after me.

Another good thing about SFC is that everyone gets along and there is a great sense of friendship there with everyone helping each other. Students are generally paired up so that when one is flying the other can sit in the back and watch, this basically doubles your experience and certainly helps you grasp all the ideas much quicker (believe me, any help is definitely a bonus!).

Anyway before this turns into a book i'll think i'll go now! If anyone has any other questions then dont hesitate to mail me.

Rockaria