PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2011, 09:24
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hihi

I totally agree with ChinaBeached. I understand where he is coming from, having worked for 7 years climbing the ladder, looking to one day move to an airline that would be the rest of my career. I probably interviewed a month or two before he did at CX and am one of the last DESOs here. If I was put in the hold pool and then offered a cadet job after over a year, I too would have turned it down. It is an insult to what people who had the experience to get offered a job as a DESO have done to build there expertise and the sacrifises most had to make in doing so.

Let me tell you something that is a fact, this will be read by many CX pilots and any one of them can post if it is untrue.

Not one pilot working at CX thinks this new cadet deal is a good one for an experienced guy to move to Hong Kong for. All pilots at CX, including ex local cadets think this is not a good enough deal to attract real quality experience. Cathay will become a stepping stone airline for guys with little to no experience.

I am not surprised no one accepted the offer as guys with experience know what they are worth and it is a lot more than what is on offer.

Also agree that you appear to be an idiot.