PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 24th Jun 2011, 09:05
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
73 poolers

Hi all, just to give you some info. The 73 is a great place to be and it is just trying to cope at the moment with all the changes with new people in and those moving on to other fleets. The problem is training capacity, not just on the 73, the trainers are all working flat out with very few breaks and the first wave of new pilots has hit the line. Because of the training capacity the unfrozen 73 people are waiting their course dates for the triple and the 74. There is, as you can imagine, lots of movement at the moment and the 73 is currently over crewed and will remain so until all of those who are fleet changing do so.
The numbers required continue to change but they will need more I think in the new year once this initial movement has calmed down. Having spoken to a few FO's on the move, their course dates for the 77 and 74 are around Aug onwards so it may not be until the new year for more 73 joiners.
This is just my opinion but thought the information may be helpful to some of you swimming at the moment.