PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Air Squadrons
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2001, 23:45
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they are only good looking when you are pissed at the annual dinner AND your mate isn't looking to give you banter about it for the next ten years!

I'd like to echo what Drippy says about people joining to build hours: you will be VERY disappointed as you will be found out by the staff, and not really enjoy the time you are there. Military flying needs commitment and interest to succeed, not a fake interest to get hours. The resources are scare enough for those of us who are trying to find out about RAF life genuinely: in my case having been exposed to BA my whole life I wanted to see what it was about and have done 2 years and not carried on so I can focus my energy on my final year and possibly apply in the New Year, having seen what life is like.

Init: a quarter of your colleagues (approx) are ex-military or UAS and I'm sure you'll be popular downroute if you say that to their faces. This may be anonymous, but if you wouldn't say it to someone's face, it isn't worth saying at all. I doubt even with the load factors your staff travel gets you to Barbados often, and 75s certainly don't go there. In fact about 80% of the most recent BA TEP courses I've seen have been ex-UAS and I've come across many when winging my way around the globe.

NUAS is the only UAS worth joining.
Yes I know I've blown my cover...