PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Fix the Qantas International Business
Old 24th Jun 2011, 00:25
King William III

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My loyal subjects….

Back on track, how to improve the place?

1 - Bring back a staff suggestion scheme with REAL incentives…not the insipid and degrading Excel Awards…..restaurant vouchers, percentage of the saving…etc
2 - Get the LAME's and AME's doing tasks such as warranty and OH&S out of the office and back on the tools. Create permanent, full-time, REAL, positions and if those people want them they can apply for them and get the appropriate salary.
3 - When engineers go overseas for work…pay them their overtime ASAP. Don't sit on the form and quibble about 50c like certain Ops managers are inclined to do.
4 - Get rid of Ops managers and give the D.E.'s their power back. We really don't need both.
5 - Give promotional control back to a peer group like it 'used' to be…well, kinda!! These HR driven interviews tend to promote the best ones at talking the required dribble. The HR driven process has it's place but it sure isn't the be all and end all. If you are to give DMM's their power back you need one's with lots of experience to make the big calls.
6 - Merge Team380 into base ASAP….both sides need it for their own good.
7 - If you want to do heavy maintenance in Sydney then re-open Heavy, don't expect Base to do it on nightshift…you're asking for trouble.
8 - Cut down on the ancillary paperwork. If we didn't have to do endless SIN's, tool to task, memos, read about Fred in accounting getting a new job, etc etc we might actually have time to do our work….and partsmart….don't get me started on how we do the accountant's job to justify our own redundancies…..

there are many more….I just need caffeine to trigger them!!

Yours in Orangeness,

William of Orange