PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 23:48
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from the dead I suppose

Hi all and many thanks to 'S' for his kind words on the Royal Aero Club award. Not sure I deserve the honour, but it was nice anyway, especially meeting the wonderful Wingco, Bob Foster, one of the original 'few' Also my apologies for not being able to respond to a couple of PP requests. But just to say after 43 days without an internet provider, 17 phone calls to SKY totalling three hours, (true) no less than three replacement 'routers' four ADSL filters, and one engineer visit, I simply had to change to BTs excellent Hub 3 model. All is now well ... a process that eventually solved the problem in just 36 hours.

Now G-BDKD was the first 'vertical console' 28A model I imported circa 1974. All later models became the 280 'Shark' shape with the vertical console as standard. Bad Dog was originally sold to a Nick .... (at Lydd) and I'm struggling to recall the surname, but I first met him when he was racing a Mini at Lydden Hill circa 1968 and lapping quicker than my single-seat BT21! If you're out there Nick, my warmest regards.

For 'S' ... I'll trawl back through the last few weeks posts and come back on any items I've not been able to cover while being offline.

Oh and meantime I duly met up with 'The Hoff' ex GR4 man and CO of 9 Squadron up at Marham. A really nice guy and subject to getting use of a rotary for him, we'll be flying together hopefully soon. James kindly allowed me to spend an afternoon with the 1X Squadron pilots and a little over an hour on the Thales GR4 Sim ... 400 knots 100 feet above the Welsh valleys and my head hadn't stopped spinning was still spinning the next day!

Regards to all 'Nostalgias' Dennis Kenyon.