PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS re-application after previous college 'failure'?
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 16:27
Jetset Willy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NATS re-application after previous college 'failure'?

This may seem a silly question, (or perhaps not...)

A couple of years ago I successfully applied to NATS and was on the Area course at Hurn, but failed the summatives. Whilst excelling at the academic side, it took me a little longer to get my head into the busier sim runs. It all came down to my planning technique, which finally clicked into place half way through the summatives (after someone showed me a different approach, which worked much better for me), but unfortunately it was too late in the day to salvage my trainee career.

Along with everyone else who failed the summatives on that course, none of us were offered a re-course, despite presenting (what I thought) was a very convincing case to stay in the process.

Two years on, I am still frustrated by this (for many reasons from the college which I won't go into here) but am convinced I still have what it takes, and my new approach to the sim runs has been much more successful.

Maybe I should just let it go, but I am desperate to be given another chance with NATS, and the college...so... is there anything to stop me from re-applying from scratch (once recruitment re-opens) and hopefully getting through the selection process a second time? Or would I automatically be barred, on account of being a previous TATC employee? Does anyone know of an occasion where this happened?

I am assuming that if I could put a good enough case to HR (and presumably the recruiting controller) at the final interview stage (when obviously the question of why I left the college previously would arise), I might be in with a shot?

Or am I just crazy, and need to move on? (Yes I know!)

Jetset