PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current opinion on Cabair Distance ATPL Groundschool?
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 10:31
vne10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current opinion on Cabair Distance ATPL Groundschool?

Hi all, I was wondering what the current consensus is on the Cabair distance ATPL groundschool? Their price is probably the lowest I've seen but there are also quite a few (dated) threads on pprune regarding the low quality of their textbooks. I don't particularly want to choose a low priced course just to have to buy BGS' text books to supplement the Cabair ones. Does anyone know what the current quality of the notes are?

I also read a post that said they may be revising their textbooks in July, does anyone know anything about this, and at what quality they'll be?

I'm also undecided between Cabair, CATS, OAA and Bristol, not quite sure how I'll decide! Living up in the wilds of Northumberland it's not really practical to go visit each school just for the distance groundschool.

Does the CAA publish pass rates for the schools? Would be good to have a kind of OFSTED for FTOs in my opinion to get an impartial view!