PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Air Squadrons
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2001, 22:07
Init4theCheapFlights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

UAS's??? As Jim Royle would say - my a##e. I spent my university days how they should be spent: mainly down the boozer, watching plenty of daytime TV, and certainly not wasting every weekend polishing shoes, ironing shirts, and wearing white flying gloves. What a waste of time.

If you want to fly fast jets for a living and risk your life every day for a Labour government that sold us all out, and have no quarms about killing innocent people, then fair play, join the RAF. If you want to sit on your rosy a##e, spend lots of time in Barbados, and get ridiculous amounts of time off, then join the airlines. But don't do UAS, which is a complete waste of the best three years of your life.

I now work as a BA 757 FO, and my uni days were perfect preparation for sitting around doing ****** all planning my next holiday. The only difference is, I used to watch Anne and Nick, now it's Bargain Hunt and No win, No fee.

The UAS won't improve your chances of getting sponsored. On my course of 16 at Oxford, 2 were ex-UAS, but 6 had less than 2 hours, which they only got between the aptitude tests and interview just to make them look keen.

Commercial flying: It's an good job, but an even better lifestyle.