PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'll talk, you fight - PM
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 10:19
elderlypart-timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Nick

1. When I was serving I did what the government of the day said. (Indeed but only if you have the kit and the people to do it)

2. This poor excuse of a country is bankrupt We cannot afford the £250 000 000 Libya has cost. (And we can afford to spend far more than that on the Olympics??)

3. The population as a whole think we should not be in Afghanistan or Libya. (The view of the British public has generally been that we should spend more money on defence and that we should not allow dictators to bully us or create instability. However as with almost all post-1945 conflicts the British public doesn't like seeing British service men risk their lives for a bunch of foreigners, and that includes the inhabitants of Belfast)

4. We are in negotiations with the Taliban in an effort to disengage from Afghanistan. (We've negotiated with most of the terrorist groups we've defeated - as Clausewitz says war is the continuation of politics by other means so this is nothing new)

5. The reach and influence of Britain is small and getting smaller and that fact dictates the requirements of the SDSR. (The only reason for our reach and influence to decline is if we allow the appeasers in our midst - and I certainly don't include you in that group - to gut the armed forces)

6. Numerically the military might of the UK is smaller than a company like Tesco (I don't recall anyone at Tesco taking on Walmart in hand-to-hand combat or risking their lives for their fellow wage slaves)