PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 07:46
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the BEA mini-Report came out on May 27th, I have been thinking about a way to represent what bit of data is given in the Report and somehow combining it with the ACARS messages in a graphic format to see "where" things happened.

The following puts together known data from the May 27th BEA Report with a representation of the altitude profile built from the few data points and timings available from the BEA mini-Report. The large areas of unknowns are filled in with reasonable rates of climb or descent to match known points from the BEA Report.

The intention is to provide an accessible visual profile of the pitch-up and subsequent descent.

Please NOTE: ACARS FLR event timings are best estimates only and are subject to further input and change as more becomes known. They are not the ground-receipt timings. Please feel free to posit alternate times.

To emphasize:

- the entire diagram is largely a guess but I think a reasonable one. It is not built from data that is not readily available from the BEA 1rst, 2nd and May 27th Reports.

- the order of ACARS messages is NOT definitive but representative of approximate placings in the overall flight path.

The diagram is presented purely for the purposes of further discussion through visualizing where, approximately, events occurred. I hope this may help some understand events better - it did for me.

PJ2