PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR finally pay rise !
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 03:50
babyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Emblematic of a Society in Decay

Unfortunately, quite a number of people were cheering when they heard the announcement of the pay rise. Like I said in my previous post, MONEY will not change the mind of someone who wants to leave QR. It may delay the inevitable, eventually, (Like Greece, who will eventually default), they will leave!
This is because they are treating symptoms and not the problem. The cancer which is eating up the country is symbolised and epitomised by QR.
The lack of respect, the total disregard for proper norms of decency, they treat everyone like "slaves" (where is CNN in their modern day slavery series?) They still require exit permits for workers to leave (North Korea., Cuba!! Ring a Bell), their archaic rules on "sponsorship", their total lack of transparency in their dealings, (FIFA) and their stoic belief that with money they can have their way!
Unfortunately, that attitude is pervasive not just in the country but in QR! And unfortunately that is not about to change. Some of the leaders in the country are trying, but unfortunately it is almost an impossible process. There will be people who will come to replace the pilots that leave, of different levels of experience and from different strata of society.
But one thing that QR should not forget is the basic principle of what goes around must come around. Today they have their way, treating their staff with utter shabbiness! They will lose good people, and so will the country. And finally, maybe not in my lifetime, but when the last drop of oil is squeezed out of the ground, and the last sniffer of gas escapes their earthly bounds, everyone will pack up, and leave them to their castles in the sand, their camels, and their archaic medieval life style.
People who see QR for what it really is, will call it out for what really is. The slave ships (and that is what all those middle east carriers are, even though some have tried to improve on that image, but we all know that is what they are! look at their major destinations, Indian sub continent, phillipines, Indonesia etc) will eventually rot away in the sand and they will be left wondering what went wrong. They have only themselves to blame.
Maybe they will wake up and realise before it is too late, maybe they wont. But I am not holding my breathe. The courageous pilots of QR, walk and hold your chins high up. Stand up for respect. Demand it. You may not get it but at least you showed you have "cohunous". Change is difficult, but other opportunities are opening up. Dont stand and be treated the way QR treats you. Enough said.
For those who have ears, let them hear!

Last edited by babyjet787; 24th Jun 2011 at 01:40.