PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR finally pay rise !
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 01:43
qatarpilot123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the straw that has broken the camel’s back.
The new bonding policy has taken effect since the 1st of June but has been kept secret from the crews. All crews that are doing any training from June 1st might be bonded. It is a case of total lack of respect of the work force to bring in a policy like this and keep it secret.
My respect for the CFOO and CPF is nil.
If they think this will reduce the number of people leaving the airline, they are truly fools. People are leaving because of actions like this - a total lack of respect for the pilot group. If QR wants to retain their pilots and have the pilot group respect the management, the management will have to treat the pilot group with some respect. It is a two way street.
I have been here for over 7 years and have been suffering from a case of Stockholm Syndrome over the last few years. The slap in the face of the less than adequate pay rise, loss of tickets to my home town and now bonding for any training cost of over 5000 QR has woken me up. Time to total the logbook and update the CV. I have told the family we will be out of here by Christmas, the wife is the happiest I have seen in years. Life is short, too short to be treated like this.
Every year QR loses more pilots than the year before, because of the way they treat us. It looks like QR will lose about 15% of it pilot workforce this year (maybe more because of this new policy).
A happy workforce is a productive and efficient. An unhappy workforce will cost you money anyway they can out of spite. It is human nature. If you let the company walk on you over this matter, you will be their doormat forever.