PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 23:22
206DOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a question for cactus, I'm confused that you have a multi-engine CPL without a single endorsment?
Surely you would have flown plenty of hours in a single in your initial training? or do they just pop you straight into a multi for your fist solo

I would recommend a trip to bots in any case, even if you don't get a job straight away its a great experience in a fantastic part of the world.
I left NZ to head to Bots in 2006, spent 3 months there, had a great time, met some great people, travelled across the african continent.... but ended up coming home without a job...
BUT.. kept in contact with the relevant CP's etc and ended up getting a call a couple of months later with a job offer from Maun, and headed back to Bots for 2 and a half years of terrific flying and great experiences.
I also ended up doing a bit of hiring as CP of my company so I can tell you it doesn't really matter what hours or ratings you have, (everyone looking for a job there has a cpl!!) its more about if the pilots like you or not! (ie want to work with you for a couple of years)
So chin up you guys that have spent the time waiting around, it can be well worth it in the end!
Bags

ps lilflyboy do I know you? i left end of 2008. top posts bro