PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 20:48
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a question for you TCX insiders and it may to early to answer....

With Thomas cook being a very large tour operator in Ireland under the name direct holidays, panorama and sunworld, would they ever consider using their own metal on these flight. Over the past few years they have slowly introduced the thomas cook logo on all paperwork and each year it gets bigger (the logo) so i was wondering if they were going to make the transfer and just use the thomas cook name and aircraft.
From this winter both sunworld and panorama will be branded Thomas Cook Holidays Ireland. Thomas Cook is currently part of the logo since the start of summer 2011 season. Direct holidays was recently disigned the same way as the UK Direct Holidays with no Thomas Cook logo. By next year you may see sunworld and panorama disappear as Thomas Cook becomes more know as everyone who visits the sites can clearly see the Thomas Cook logo and if you click on Winter 2011/12 it starts with a pice of Information on them being re branded Thomas Cook Holidays Ireland.

Only recently Thomson launched Thomson Ireland.

TCX have operated flights under their own colours and using the now expired Skyservice on and off over the last few years from DUB. Likely, to continue. What we all want to know is where the a/c will be based this winter, anyone know?
They haven't operated flights from DUB since a few years back.

Most of the flights are operated by Monarch and Europe Airpost and Onur Air.

As Thomas Cook haven't enough aircraft to operate there current routes from the UK, I don't think we will see them around Dublin anytime soon. I believe 2 leased 757 for NCL base.