PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KAL: Why are they ALWAYS advertising for pilots?
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 20:36
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herr Leutnant

Just read the KAL threat here, then sit back, relax and close your eyes and imagine the humiliation explained there. Revolving door is a nice wording....

You see now Korean National Pilots leaving KAL as the climate is hostile. The Senior VP Hwang does not like anybody, not Foreigners (Kal-Jargon) not Jeju-Kadetts and maybe at the end of the day nobody else.... The feedback is from bad to worse.

On the Paper the contract lookes good and the Agent will lie to you until you are there and find out that the paper in the toilet is a higher value then the paper your contract is written on.

You do medical and SIM-screening on Interview, average failiure rate 70%. You pass the Interview and get a offer to pay for your Type-rating and then during the OE (Line-training) You get chopped because you did something wrong. You gave the approach signal at 20.500 feet or 19.000 ft and not at 20.000 feet. Too bad.... no good Captain. You mix the sequence of loading the FMC-preflight, no good Captain. Failure is faster then success..... believe me and others who wrote about KAL in the threat KOREANAIR.

It was nice to work there and now it becomes more fragile and in over 10 years I have seen many likelihoods of People endangered and destroyed because they got lured the last two or three years by the temption to fly a shiny new model Airplane and have seen it for 12 Legs only maybe 14 if they got recommended for the Checkride but failed and could not get a second ride because they did already go a extension in the training and the maximum is 50% extension...... too bad Captain. Nobody defends you, not the Agent not any of the Pilots in the Company, too bad Captain.

Do you have a Job? Do you have a Family? do you want to be out on the road with a high chance of failing? 7 out 0f 8 or 3 out of 4 failing in one course is not unusual. Whoīs fault is it ? Are all Pilots in the World so bad that they wonīt make it? AirIndia is not a option anymore if you try to gain the 100 hours on Type (B777) as a few years back when the Ladīs went straight to BOM after KALīs OE and the required 100 hrs under the belt. Quo Vadis.....

There would be more I could tell here but you would not believe me and think I would make it up, talk to people who flew for KAL or who are with KAL, they can give you as well some food for thoughts.

Listen to ATC conversations when your hear them on the Radio.... sometimes you have to guess what is going on and two things at the time cannot be transmittet to some chaps. Just one by one. Go and look into the history book and see what confizian system means. Maybe you get a idea of structure.

Fly safe and land happy

NG