PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 20:11
Svarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to discuss seriously. I will now make a full review of PJ2 very sharp questions and hopefully come up with decent postable answers within 48 hours.

My opinion on the whole matter goes very close to what A33Zab proposed :
The failure of these sensors fooled AP, Protections AND human.
My only bias here is that I intend to examine the Flight Controls System first, because :
- it claims ultimate authority in some cases (this authority is built in the design, so to speak), therefore it should give answer first
- it is placed between pilot and aircraft in the control loop, which makes it absolutely necessary to question it when faced with a LoC accident

My insistence stems from the fact that my findings in this regard go much farther than the official ones. I am therefore tempted (by design ) to take their counterpoint. A kind of balancing act.

This does not exclude finding if & where crew actions could have been better, if & where they had it very wrong, or how pilot training and attitude could evolve for the greater good. I have already posted in this respect and will likely do it again.

But it comes second if one wishes to really understand what they really faced on their last flight, to hopefully come up with realistic answers, both collectively and individually for pilots flying these machines with innocent trusting human beings on board.

Best regards

PS : when disaster strikes, healthy Flight Controls are more important than satisfyingly turning engines. If I had to be left with only one of these two...