PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 19:19
Crazy Voyager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only say that without Gonzo's collegue my visit would never had happened. She really did everything in her power to make my stay the best possible and it was a great day. She even asked favours of people to allow me to stay an extra hour in the tower since I had flown in from abroad for the visit and had a few hours until my flight left.

Gonzo, when you see her next time give her a pat on the back from me! As I said in an email to her the other day that visit really inspired me coming into my interview and reminded me why I want to do this job.

Not to mention, without her I wouldn't have been able to meet all of the great people working in the tower, several of them also took their break time to talk to me and help me out with my questions.

I have also made a visit to a smaller unit though and I would recommedn that, Heathrow is very special and I'm glad I got to see it but I think that if you come up there with no clue about how ATC works you will find yourself having a hard time to keep up. I only managed to keep up with what they were doing at a few times during the day, most of the time you're just wondering how they do it