PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 19:11
EKBemused

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Interview

Hello! all,
I just had my final interview in Dubai and I felt it was more of a formality and a chance for the FZ recruitment team to meet you in person and ensure CTC has not made an obvious error in the selection process.
There were two people at the interview, one of them a pilot.
There were no technical questions and just three or four example based questions after asking you to detail your career to date and obviously, why do you want to work for FZ.
After the interview you get to meet Mr. Ken Giles and then go for your medical.
Nothing to prepare for, just be yourself.
If it is any help, I am 51 and non type rated, though I have flown the 733 in the past. I was assessed as a DEC and have wide body experience.
For those who are preparing for the assessments with CTC my suggestion is to just go for the Pilapt test well rested and with an open mind. While it is demanding, I believe they are not expecting spectacular results but just a slight improvement as you repeat the tests.
All of us felt we were hopeless at it but managed to get through to the sim.
The sim is straight forward too. A take off with no AP/FD and no auto thrust. A SID followed by some climbing/descending turns followed by a raw data ILS, a go around with the engine failing during it. The FD is available for guidance during the procedure as they pop up when TOGA is selected. This is followed by a normal two engine VOR approach with full automation to a full stop landing.
Good luck and all the best.