PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 19:08
A33Zab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Design

Gums:

I see a design that appears more like that of a drone then a plane with a crew onboard to fly the thing when sierra happens. I see a design that provides conflicting warnings to the humans and invokes a myriad of control law reversions due to a relatively well-understood sensor failure. I see a design that continues to “protect” the humans trying to pilot the thing when “normal” flight conditions do not exist. I see a design that has not considered the possibility of the aircraft to reach an aerodynamic condition from which recovery is almost impossible, especially with all the “control laws” I seem to understand a bit better after reading all the stuff here.
Maybe that's the wrong point of view?
The design is not different than any other design, it's in basic a design like any other and has to be flown like that. Forget about the laws and protections they do not fly this design, the Pilot (assisted by AP) is in control just like any other design.
This tragedy could happen due to sensor failure, which are used on any other design too.
The failure of these sensors fooled AP, Protections AND human.