PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PEACH - ANA's new LCC based in KIX
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 18:09
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You folks are putting too much stock into the hiring of this individual as an "adviser" this is an ANA run company have no doubt about it, although this will be a LLC it will be customized for the Japanese public and it will have some of the service they are used to, remember that Edo Air and Skymark have been operating successfully in Japan for many years now so this is hardly their first venture into the LLC market, what we are hearing about the salary is that it will be low (typical for an LLC) but it will be competitive within the LLC market since they will have no other choice to be able to attract individuals to this new venture, right now all the guys in training are former JAL pilots but for what i hear they already hired the numbers they were going to hire from that pool and there will be opportunities for ex pats in this gig.
This is good news.
Not sure about Japan (i.e. Skymarks and Edo) but the salaries in the major western LCC are among the best in the market..so if PEACH is coming as a new adventure trying to emulate the above mentioned then you/we should not underestimate it. Remeber there is almost no more charters left in many European countries taken over by the LCC..This is why i am very interested in seeing what approach will be taken to adapt to the Japanese mentality.