PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can you call another A/C?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 17:05
Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must admit I only posted as it all seemed a bit one sided. Glad to see others can at least see the same.

Reminds me a lot of a thread here a couple of years or more ago before I joined up.

Guy goes to flying club, flies with instructor, instructor won't sign him off to fly club aircraft.

Wow, the abuse against instructors that followed went on for pages. What an 'idiot' the instructor was, how dare an instructor teach a qualified PPL how to fly when he just went for a checkout and so it went on. (and on, and on).

Here I was laughing my head off reading it all, knowing said instructor who is in simple terms one of the best I've had the good fortune to have flown with, knowing the flying club, where quite simply they only employ damn good instructors. Knowing the actual circumstances of what the plonker had done during the flight to not get signed off. Fact he went on to fly with another instructor from the club with exactly the same result said it all really.

I made a total hash once of joining at Lydd. Complete mess of it and they assumed I had descended dead-side which isn't allowed. Made for some frosty R/T. I could have come on PPRuNe and told a very one sided story and had lots of people tell me I was PIC and could do no wrong. I didn't I simply called up when I got home and talked it over with the guy on the phone. I got where he was coming from, he got what I had actually done and why, we both gained something from it. Most importantly I knew I could fly back again and be really confident that it wouldn't be a problem next time.

All in all the best advice on here, if you have any R/T issues with an operator at a field you arriving at, either go talk to them when you land, or at least when you get back home and see if you can learn something.