PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Joyce Chief Executive Qantas June 22/6/11 Address to the National Press Club"
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 13:16
1me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People.. AJ doesn't care about the "iconic" status of Qantas. He doesn't share the spirit and he never will because he isn't Australian. He doesn't get the culture of Australia: to stand up for your mates; to dig in when times get tough; to face adversity head on and find some way, any way to overcome; to get puched in the guts by a harsh land or circumstance and have to start again.. It is a travesty that the same can't be said of the other members of the board. If anyone should have understood these principles I'd have thought that Peter Cosgrove would. But Alas! Silence.

Those early blokes made a way when there was no way. They had vision and belief and tenacity. They laid a platform that successive generations have built upon. A couple of blokes and an Avro. Who'd have thought....?

90 years of excellence, both in the air, and on the ground rests on a knife edge. This is no coincidence..