PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Joyce Chief Executive Qantas June 22/6/11 Address to the National Press Club"
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:13
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So fella's where to from here? Our beloved roo is in deep S$it, and frankly so are the pilots, and to a lesser extent the engineers. Yet without either there is no airline. If you strike, you play into his hands, (you heard him today buttering up the press) and if you don't your job security is up to sh%t. The relentless march is on to cut wages, standards, and to slowly but surely become a part of the Asian hub, with the same standards and wages they have. 90 yrs and we come to this. I never thought I would say this but this is more serious than 89, (1300 flying jobs) and the demise of Ansett.( It really pissed me off when he said it was poor management, bollocks, Ansett bled to death). I am buggered if I can see a answer, other than a new CEO (preferably Australian) with more of a sense of whats important to Australians, who recognises you don't mess with a icon like QF, it ain't done. Over to you fellas.