PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Joyce Chief Executive Qantas June 22/6/11 Address to the National Press Club"
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 10:18
Level-Headed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is quite clear now what the lies ahead. I often wondered why do management simply refuse to even talk/negotiate "Job Security clause"? This would simply destroy their strategy to offshore/create a Qantas Asia brand, simple as that. The board together with AJ and who know what other vested interest will not give up and are playing hard ball because they have their eggs in one basket.

It was quite ironic when AJ mentioned that he would like "to be invited 10 years later and ask me how it all went?" Well based on his previous stunts with two failed airlines (Ansett and Air Lingus) he will probably be the CEO of some other carrier doing the same thing whilst watching from the outskirts "Rome burn".

We are at a cross road. We can stand idle and see our careers out-sourced away, our beloved Spirit of Australia become the spirit of Asia all for the gain of a few greedy individuals or we can play hard ball and take a stance and keep Qantas an Australian Based airline providing Jobs for Australians and maintained, flown, catered for by Aussies.

From today's pathetic lack of meaningful questions shown by those supposed to ethically be obliged do so it is clear whose side the majority of the media are on so the only real weapon we have is to remain united as a group.

To me a vote for YES for PIA means I'm taking a stance against a foreign CEO with no understanding or connection with what Qantas means to Aussies and who acknowledges he will not be around for the mess he leaves behind.