PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'll talk, you fight - PM
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 08:00
rjtjrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not being from UK it is probably impertinent to express an opinion but what the heck.
To me it seems refreshing to have a poli/PM who speaks his mind. No politically correct minder telling him what to say, or how to put it so he doesn't offend anyone.
The opposite of spin.
It seemed the Brits were sick of spin with the previous incumbent. Well this is it - no spin. And refreshing.
I can't say what he said isn't basically true.
In our neck of the wood we have more and more press conferences from defence force chiefs than I ever recall in the past. And they (def chiefs) now speak poli-speak, and are ever so politically correct.
Surely defence force chiefs should express there opinion re what they can and can't do, with the resources supplied, to the politicians (and I heard in this case the defence chief apparently said it to a parliamentary committee and it was leaked).
Defence force chief may well have to tell poli that the service can't provide the were with all to do what the poli wants to announce as foreign policy. Suddenly the poli may see there are consequences to them of the cuts, and to their ambitions on the world stage.
John

Last edited by rjtjrt; 22nd Jun 2011 at 09:36.