PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 06:33
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sort of see your point but then again can't think that a taxi/drive to DTV would be more difficult that getting to the other side of the country however will respect that is personal choice. Also I can't see why it's so horrendous, you turn up, check in wander a short distance to the gate and get on. You land back, pick up your bag and your off home relatively quickly - I find smaller airports easy to use. Also I have been in much bigger airports around the world with little or no more to do considering the number of pax there - it just takes me longer to work out there is little there as it's bigger that's all. Like I say personal choice. Also agree it's not a charity but I think there are many other airports also making losses around the world along with airlines too - if they all shut up shop and call it a day as they are not a charity that would not be good either. Times are hard, optimism is best and doesn't cost me anything. Hopefully the prediction by people of it's closure does not come true - I am flying in and out of MME later in the year.