PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 23:51
mercurydancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UKlad

I dont like marmite either, but I sure put more thought into choosing an airport and flights than I do for grocery shopping. If I dont like the taste of marmite then thats just about the end of the discussion. There are limited options. Unfortunately for airports its different, way beyond a simplistic comparison. I feel free to describe why DTV is a horrible airport to transport through, and I wont repeat them, but the reasons as to why it is so horrible are far more than just a like/dont like comparison.

I am well aware of the economic value of the airport, but its not a charity. It has to earn its keep by getting passengers to use the airport. It is failing in that task. The airport is not worth its salt if its expensive to get to, with very limited public transport links and just survival level facilities for passengers and visitors. I too am going through harsh economic times, but I choose to spend my money where I get best value, and that DTV is not high on the list of value for money.

In these harsh economic times, it is simply easier and cheaper to go to Manchester.

DTV, are you really serious in what you say? Ive never seen such an example of a pitiful and self defeating comment. Do you really mean that no matter how many passengers DTV process, it will result in no improvement? If there is no improvement then the favourable comments simply wont happen.