PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'll talk, you fight - PM
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 14:46
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Farquar in Shrek said to his heroes,"Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm prepared to take.".

The PM might as well have said,"You do the dying, I'll do the talking.".

I'm a Tory of the Maggie era, but I now question my political beliefs when a Tory PM talks like that. Actually, I question the whole rotten House of Lizards when the likes of Frank Dobson et al are living in central London in 3 bed apartments for 400 quid a month when the market rate is four times that.

I question the MPs' free private health care for them and their families, their outrageous allowances for which they are afforded secretarial allowances to fill in the forms for them, as they are apparently above that. I question their pensions. I question their subsidized bars and restaurants and above all, their 'privileges' as 'Right Honourable Members'. There are a few good'uns. Frank Skinner, the 'Beast of Bolsover' is a man so far to the Left of my political leanings that he is next to Pluto. But he had the decency not to vote for a pay rise, and when all the other pigs did, didn't take it. That, to me, puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the political elite who do what the whips tell them to. Which brings me back to Cameron. Cromwell sacked all the crap politicians of the Rump parliament, because when it comes down to it, fighting well turns out to be more useful than talking well. We can fight well given limited resources. Cameron indicates his oratorical skill and political judgement when he dismisses the Armed Forces with such a glib, inept statement which comes across as: "I'm the suit, go and die, pleb.".

I really don't like what's happening to my country.