PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 14:29
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glojo - I hope you're not suggesting something as implausible as an attack by SF.
Hi Fodplod and others

All I am tactfully trying to say is

NEVER, ever underestimate the capabilities of your enemy!!

During that last conflict the skills of those very brave Argentinian pilots were clear for us all to see. However they do not possess fourth generation fighter aircraft. It would be naive to expect them to play any game to the rules we want!

Far better to remove a threat out of its comfort zone as opposed to trying to tackle it head on.

I enjoyed reading that nice post by Daddy-Oh..... but we should take aboard what he was saying about the freedom folks have to enter the Falkland Islands!! From my experience with folks from across the pond, most of them are unaware of even where the Falklands are, let alone its history!

It is no good for us all to say there will NOT be an invasion, we have been there, said that and paid a very, very expensive price for making that wrong assumption.

We will soon be quitting Afghanistan and before all those assets get sold on eBay.... Some of them might be sent south to strengthening the garrison on that far away land.