PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 10:48
Vortex what...ouch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unnecessary verbiage 10W. Clearly an Air Trafficker, and a civvy as well.
If you want to contribute to a purely military forum, it would help if you had some understanding of military life and personnel, and be prepared for some uncompromising and blunt rebuffs. Also don't let your "humorous" comments be misunderstood

Quote:
Do you know what Moderator means ?

It may be taken as offensive and arrogant.
Try not to give lectures

Quote:
I think you'll find that it's not a requirement for a Moderator on a site run principally (but not exclusively) for civil professional pilots, to have any military service whatsoever.

You may find that you offend people.

All of which is why I say "get some time in"
I'll let others support or shoot you down (a mil term) because I don't wish to lecture.
Well said that man.

I've met 10W and he is a good egg, but clearly hasn't the first idea about what going to war is like, and never will. Sorry mate but you are way off course with your comments.

As the man said, get some time in before trying to lecture military men, otherwise you just sound a bit silly.

Back on thread, I was in Argentina earlier this year. While the Falklands always comes up when people find out I'm not only a Brit but Ex Mil, with very, very few exceptions they believe they are theirs passionately, but recoil in horror at the thought of another military spat over them. So relax the Presidents rants are for domestic consumption.