PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 10:23
travelbug2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there!!!

Oh best of luck! I'm sure you will be fine! Just relax and be yourself, the day is really enjoyable.

I know it's hard to not have nerves for the interview, but they do make you feel at ease. I feel like they do assess you from the moment you step into the room....so grooming must be impeccable, and also they watch how you interact with all other applicants....so work the room...but not in an over-the-top way!

Firstly, you will have a private interview with one of the interviewers. Questions I got asked were in regards to working to a deadline or under pressure, dealing with an unsatisfied customer, your adaptability and flexibility to changes....to name a few, so have some examples ready. If you are successful in the morning session, you will be asked back for another one-on-one in the afternoon! The questions were almost the same, just with another recruiter!

When I went through, we sat in groups of 10 and they got us to introduce ourselves to one another. They wanted us to give reasons why we want to work with Jetstar. Make sure you give a really 'different', clever answer! They want people with great personality, so try and steer clear from 'I like people, customer service and travel' because that is what they here nearly every day!

We then were given little scenarios to work through as a team. What they are looking for is that as a team player you are contributing, but at the same time listening and relating to everyone also in a supportive way...it's not so much the answers to the questions or scenarios that they are interested in. Next you will do a small written exam...this is to see your comprehension of what's being asked of you and also attention to detail.

Most importantly however be yourself! Being authentic speaks louder than anything!

Best of luck! xxx

oh...and my assessment day was three weeks ago! The wait is killing me One of my references has been called...so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer! xx