PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 10:21
VJW

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Eagerbeaver perhaps it's you who should wind their neck in. Re reading my post I perhaps didn't make it that clear, but I'm not stupid enough to disconnect everything in IMC and try and show off-you put words into my mouth a bit there. I could do it, but would never put a Capt in that kind of situation where he'd have to take control. I would also never do that if I hadn't briefed it first and got the OK from the boss- whatever you think of me, I'm definitely not that kind of FO.

Unlike you however, I don't want to simply practice my hand skills in a sim every 6 months, and lucky for me 99% of the Capts I work with aren't like you and are more then happy for me to disconnect early. Some even prompt it.

Since flying a lot more manually, I've noticed my scan improve vastly and my ability in the sim has improved too. I find it strange how you would perceive this to be a bad thing. Perhaps you fall into the category I described earlier, not allowing an FO to fly manual, as you know you couldn't do it yourself If so- then I too am appalled.

Sorry for thread drift- don't know how that happened!