PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - legal action
Thread: legal action
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2002, 00:01
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shortly,

In the first half of 2001 both sides put forward deals to avoid the events of July 01. You will appreciate that it is not practical for the AOA membership to consider every proposal.

It is my understanding that no deal put forward by the company met the AOA's pre-ordained requirements and the AOA negotiating team was having trouble understanding the company's proposals, because it seemed both teams were operating with different data relating to flying hours. The company declined to provide their data and the rest is history.

In June 01 Capt Barley sent out one of his "you turned down this deal" letters and the AOA sent out a swift rebuttle saying the claims made by KB could not be verified with the AOA's data and KB had failed to mention that a requirement of the deal was an undertaking not to engage in any form of Industrial Action for a number of years and the AOA shall consent to RP's into Vol 1.

I hope that does load you up with detail. But in short, I do agree that back in Jun 2001 both sides wanted to change the balance of power at the negotiating table by "other means" and were therefore relieved that no deal was struck.

Despite the soundbites from both sides, I still believe that neither side really wants to negotiate. The AOA, because its position is weak, and the company because the longer they wait the weaker the AOA becomes, until the AOA is no more.

Shortly,

Sorry to bog you down with more details, but I re-read your post.

Whilst NR may become a player in the future he is presently not a player in this. Be in no doubt the events of both 1999 and 2001 were called directly by the shareholders and implemented by the Board.

In the context of 49ers/pay scales NR is a Decision Taker; not a Decision Maker! When he becomes DFO his influence will increase, but only the shareholders will make volitile calls that alter the Share Capital (1999) and could result in the firing of most of your pilots (1999 and 2001).

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 6th Oct 2002 at 00:21.