PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information about Aegean Airways
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 09:49
YYZ_Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Melik,

It depends if you are Greek or not. They do hire 250hrs but you have to be Greek and speak the language, with that you are bonded for 4 years. Type rating provided in house now, no more Airbus Toulouse. 2100/month non-rated all in, or 2300/month rated all in. 14month wages per year, no increase until year 3, but then you go above a tax bracket and make less than the previous 3 years!
Non-Greek, no chance without a type rating and I believe its 500hrs on type, contract is good, but soon as the summer is over its bye bye....from what I know 4500euro+appartment+car+no bonuses for the duration of the contract, tax paid is up to you.
The way Greece is headed, I wouldn't be surprised to return at least 4 of the airbus taken on lease from Olympic, and if that happens they will be over crewed. Many of the PSO routes will be ending and I don't think Aegean are interested in them anymore. Contraction of the economy is guranteed after the summer, I definately believe all airlines in Greece will be affected by this.

Good luck to everyone looking to join.