PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFR Alternate Question
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 07:48
Xcel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.2.2 For flights for which a forecast is required and cannot be obtained, the flight is permitted to depart provided the pilot is satisfied that the weather at the departure point will permit the safe return of the flight within one hour of departure. The flight is permitted to con-tinue provided a suitable forecast is obtained for the intended des-tination within 30 minutes after departure.
Captain nomad - you can go well more than 50 nm

Still not a cowboy!!

Let's be honest - as logical, smart individuals (ok maybe I'm not this category) well all know we carry as much fuel as humanly possible as often as we can. On those other times as long as we have our wits about us and continue to evaluate the situation as it unfolds whilst following what's in black and white its all good...

If in doubt ask your cp - when he doesn't know or your not satisfied ask your foi... It is the only reason I have come to the conclusions I have...

As Fgd just said if your ops manual says to do 6 star jumps before starting and is more stringent than the regs then guess what you should be doing.

And if in doubt - carry an alternate (how many times we see a taf with no fog when the conditions are perfect for just that?)