PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2011, 07:45
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DW - that's accepted, but you need to open your horizons and consider the possible effect the whole 'automation' mentality is having on the industry - read mm43's post above and my somewhat extinct thread on 'Safety and CRM and Q&A'.

In addition, perhaps you could give us a definitive analysis of exactly who is providing the accurate information here and who is 'bending every bit of minutae of that knowledge to advance their agenda' and we can then disregard these other posts, since for those of us who are not 'experts' it is exceedingly difficult to know who is spouting rubbish.when statement after statement is challenged by someone else 'claiming' to be expert.

With your expertise, could you also tell us (as I have asked) exactly what baro information would be available to which pilot with the given failures? I also have not had an answer (to Svarin) in post 207 "Lastly, can you comment on what effect (if any) a low (reported) airspeed in the system might have on autotrim?" - perhaps you could oblige? Is the autotrim function SOLELY based on elevator demand or is there a speed input?