PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 22:50
helihub

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Savoia - your HBUS photo sort of reminds me of the Derby at Epsom given the proximity of the double-decker bus. The loud-shouter on the scaffold could be right for that too??

Tarmac 109 - they flew this for some time as N109JD before it went to VR-CCK then VP-CCK when Cayman changed prefix. Think I'm right saying the boss at Essington Hall (Tarmac HQ) changed and 109 soon thereafter disposed of to Spain

Here's memory of some other 109s

- a pearlised white brought in new for a pharma(?) company based in Isleworth and I think the reg was N109##. This was a cancelled order from Australia or NZ (or even purchaser died before delivery?) and did not last long in UK

- another NZ link, no relation to above as far as I know, a really early one serial 7122 brought in from NZ as ZK-HBC (white and dark blue?) then painted all black as VR-CCO, flew little then stored in the back of the main fixed wing residents hangar with two blades removed to put it right against the back wall. had a couple of dark red stripes and a logo - like an Red Indian chief's head I think...

- N109AB - the John Laing one which later became G-JLCY "Juicy Lucy"