PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 21:26
mercurydancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive not quite worked out who the Peel company PR guys are on this site, and I sympathise with their task, not that they are listening anyway. Nice try with the flash mob. Pity no trains stop there. Might have been a few more if the train actually stopped, but it doesnt very often. Once a week IIRC. The train does go to Manchester airport. Regularly. Once an hour peak times. This makes a huge difference. If I book a flight, I dont want to find that the hardest part of my journey is to the airport. With MME public transport is nonexistent, and taxis are the only alternative, if there are any available, which there arent often, and its a 25 to 35 quid touch to get to Middlesbrough or Stockton. I know every kilo of my luggage and if I can spare myself some weightlifting by taking the train right past MME to Manchester then I will do so. As the cheapest return ticket from Manchester Airport I have found, from Thornaby, is 45 quid its economic to get the train over the dreary pennines. Im not even going to mention how organised Manchester airport is, and I dont have to pay a freakin machine money to be let out of the freakin airport. And I can get something to eat and drink in Manchester. I dont consider vending machines as anything more than last ditch survival measures, which is the main source of hydration and nutrition at MME. Especially as the last time I was in MME the machine was almost empty and when I put money in, the machine didnt actually work. I know this isnt MME problem, as its an outsourced provider, but it adds to the whole unpleasantness.

The machines to pay to exit MME was a wonderful scheme. An airport which has very little to encourage people to go there adds an airport tax in possibly the most offensive way possible. Nice one.

One day I will be arrested for baring my backside at MME as the train passes by from Manchester without stopping.

Not a rant, but possibly a howl, and ive not repeated my other dislikes about this airport, but if I can advise others from using this airport, I will, and tenaciously so, until the airport either dies or improves.