PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 18:18
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In one of the most successful small companies I knew, run by my Dad, there hung in his office, and all his manager's, a framed message:

"Things always go wrong from the top, not the bottom."

Ah, would that those above us realise that. I've worked with 5 airlines that have gone bust, and all over top screw ups while the bottom feeders wallowed in their sludge. Share price is not everything. It is the corruption of life's values that the love of money brings. There will be a bite in the tail, but sadly not always on those who deserve it the most. Often they escape just before the jaws snap shut. The world is littered with self congratulating, early retired, money rich, self delusional gormandies. Sad for those who come after. Big shovels required.

Having worked under the 'odd couple' where they showed how it could & should be done, I've seen both sides of the coin. Their method was very very successful, both financially and productively. A happy ship was a prosperous ship, in spades. It has been done and can be done again. Sadly it is only the few who see the real way. The second coming is nigh, but I'll be past that date. Good luck to those who see the light.

Eye shades on and back to dreaming of earlies.