PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL to PPL
Thread: NPPL to PPL
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2002, 19:58
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costs will also be less than for a JAR-FCL PPL through
But Beagle, these costs are peanuts in the world of Aviation. Woopy doo, you don't have to pay your 140GBP every 5 years - medical will be the same plus or minus a few quid (MY JAA Class 2 was 50 GBP as mentioned before), and as Foxmoth points out, no club will buy "special NPPL" aircraft. I cannot see it as a cheaper licence at all?

The ONLY people this licence will benefit are either those who cannot get a JAR class 2 or those who may benefit from glider / microlight hours (not forgetting that you get up to a 10 hr reduction on JAR requirements if you havbe flown PIC hrs in microlights).

Sorry to be negative, but it seems like a half hearted attempt to regain a national licence, without deviating too much from the European concensus. In my opinion the NPPL should be radically different. For example, no medical certificate required if you hold a driving licence, no minimum hr stipulation at all. If someone can fly, then give them the licence, free tuition by experienced PPLs (there's plenty of willing volunteers around) etc etc etc...

Rgds
EA