PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 12:02
Shagpile

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
everyone will hit the downloads page and bring the OzRunways ISP down
Yeah this happened for 30 minutes on opening day (as 300 gb was downloaded in about 12 hrs...they weren't very happy). We've moved all our big files over to rackspace cloud hosting (a more mainstream, reliable & redundant system) so it shouldn't happen again. The files are available for about 3 weeks before the new amendment anyway, so there is always sufficient time to download the new ones before a big trip away.

Will there be an option to cache data on your computer so as the data can be shared between your iphone and Ipad? stoping double downloading.
No you'll have to download them individually; it's not that much data really (15mb average per map, plus 150mb for DAP amendments). ERSA is 20mb, AIP is 6mb. WAC is about 200mb but you only need to do that once (They only change half of Australia every 2 years). 4x a year for ERSA/AIP/DAP, and 2x a year for maps.

Works just fine peering out a pax window but I have not been able to get a satellite lock in the 777 cockpit.
Yeah I have the same problem with my heated windows. Apparently bluetooth GPS is the trick (with much better fixes/updates too).

This was from a pax trip to Perth today out the back window: