PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is now a good time for trainees given the financial uncertainty globally? WWW?
Old 20th Jun 2011, 09:35
Dipole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is now a good time for trainees given the financial uncertainty globally? WWW?

I've been monitoring these forums over the past 3 years from time to time. I'm training myself modularly. I've got P.P.L. and working towards ATPLs. So far all's good. Although, one of my schools went bust half way through my P.P.L. but I didn't get burnt due to luck. I started training around the time the financial crisis began. At the time people were debating as to whether it was a good time or not to train. In 2008/2009 it became clear I would have to slow down training. The E.U., in particular, seemed to be on lock down and the airline business was suffering badly. As it turns out I'm sort of glad I slowed it down. I think time to absorb the material assosiated with flying isn't a bad thing.

What I'd like to know is do people think the airline industry has stabilised? Do you think a default in Greece and possible downfall of the Eurozone could bring on another period of severe destabilisation? Is now a good time to be getting on with things?

I remember reading that many people had respect for what W.W.W. had to say about financial matters. Does W.W.W. see things improving?