PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-Standard!
Thread: Non-Standard!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 05:54
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) I have no problem uttering whatever word or phrase company puts in the manual as a "standard callout". I have no idea what mouth music is. Show me ONE place in any of our manuals the words "mouth music" are mentioned.

2) Show me ONE place in any of our manuals where it says "flaps 20, gear down, ..." (in that order) and I'll show you many places where it says "gear down, flaps 20, ..." (in that order). Are you ignorant of the sop, illiterate and can't read, or have you been doing it the non-standard way for so long that you actually think that your delusion is now reality? If you read the only book that mentions maneuver profiles (FCTM) it says "gear down, F20,..." both in profile and text, for all approach/landings. So according to the book, "F20, gear down" IS the non-standard way.

3) In our operation, overloading the PF at the cost of not overloading the PM is very obviously the main aim. As such, by announcing that you're about to do something unexpected is the best way to create confusion and overload for the PM and that goes against any positive aim "communication" is meant to achieve.

4) toss parker... "see how it fly's" !! Are you serious chap? Are you illiterate? You must be a checker. I have a nice collection of hilarious miss-spelling and miss-grammar mistakes in my permanent record by various cx checkers. They really should have a spell/grammar checker in the ERAS system for the essay writer wannabes among us. Or a writing class if you want to do it right.

And to be clear, I really don't give a sh!t how you do it or what you do. Airmanship, Scaremanship... whatever. The only thing consistent around here is inconsistency and we're all used to it. It's the moronic phrases people literally pull out of their a$$ that's beyond stupid and annoying.

Last edited by VforVENDETTA; 20th Jun 2011 at 11:53.