PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 05:00
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DozyWannabe
That image looks a little... how should I say... "dramatic" for an accident report. It looks more like a sensationalistic press cutting to me - how are the BEA responsible for that (any more so than the investigators in other countries responsible for their press getting the wrong end of the stick)?
Problem, in their animation, BEA also 'forgot' to represent those 2 flights which adventured 'in the middle of the storm' … Are BEA and mass media so different …

Let me know what you think of the stuff I PM'ed you!
There is absolutely matter for constructive discussion on a dedicated thread to Habsheim.
You could be surprised I don’t actually disagree on everything you write …

Originally Posted by HN39
NAV ADR DISAGREE
That message, time stamped 2:12, was received at 2:12:51. At that point in time the airplane was already in a full stall, with all airspeeds probably misreading due to pressure errors at the pitots and at the static sources due to the high AoA. I wonder if that could tell us anything about the speed displayed on PFD2 prior to stall, but can't figure it out. Anyone?
If I get you right, you would see the NAV ADR DISAGREE as a consequence of the stall rather than due to the pitot probes icing.
PFD2 and ISIS speeds may have agree for a while …
BEA : How long is it "then a few moments later" ?
275kt at FL350 is not slow either – How far is it from Vmax ?
What was the reason for AP disconnect then ?
ALT LAW maybe came 'then a few moments later' … until then protections were still avail.
Also, if 2 speeds sharp fall to 60kt one after the other … don’t they agree again ?

Svarin, what’s your take on this ?

Full FDR data … anyone ?

Originally Posted by 'BEA note 2011 05 27
The recorded parameters show a sharp fall from about 275 kt to 60 kt in the speed displayed on the left primary flight display (PFD), then a few moments later in the speed displayed on the integrated standby instrument system (ISIS).