PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Cockpit Association communication
Old 20th Jun 2011, 03:21
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam

'IS this your opinion, the opinion of the scientists that your company is employing or the opinion of your Flt Ops management. Pilots are not anti change if that change is for the good of all. I would back anything that would improve producivity without compromising safety but anyhting that affects flight safety has to have a negative effect on all parties involved in aviation. Longer working times and shorter rest periods will most definitely increase fatigue and have a negative affect on Flight safety. How can you argue for an increase in FDP,s and a decrease in rest periods when the current rules do not do enough to prevent fatigue. If the scientists can come up with a scheme that can manage fatigue, lets hope the managers have the guts to follow their advice.'

Just a couple of points if I may?

You seem to not know Mr. A. If you did, you would know he is one of, if not the best in his field and has made a very good reputation for himself within the Aircrew world, and the Airline industry for being nothing less than balanced and fair, often going in to fight their corner, with much success.

The study Mr A talks of is not to extend duty and reduce rest, it is a study of rest and integration to the (night) working week. Whilst a happy medium is the target. Yes night 1 and 2 may reduce, 3 and for may extend, that's just my take.

Still I see night after night Pilots elect not to go with FRMS, electing to stay at home on a working day, breach the FRMS trial, negating feedback that will help it work. These guys, (I Know of two who have explained the call to stay at home) scupper the whole plan.

Likewise, I see very frequently, Pilots who have driven for 3-5 hours to get to work and either get on with the job or quote FRMS after a 5 hour drive and a 2 hour SBY is added.........................

The scientific argument is lost in Europe, because those it is there to protect, will not, or cannot accept it as protecting them, because it suits them.

My apologies to all who know me, and play the game. I thank you for all your efforts.