PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2011, 02:26
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tchanhk at least chooses to listen to all sides of a debate and not pathetically idolise the job but studies all the issues that go with it. People don't have to agree but an open mind to others with first hand experience of CX and international widebody ops one would think is worth listening to.

VFE:
I decided some time back that I had put enough cash into this career and refuse point blank now on the grounds of maintaining my sanity to pay out anymore to try and get a leg up.
So, it's OK for YOU to draw a line in the sand and refuse to lose money or "sell out" to further a career or credentials, eh? You draw your conclusions based on experience as an illustrious instructor. We do the same from first hand experience of CX and international widebody ops. If I wanted to be a VFR circuit chaser then I would heed your advice. You want to get into airline ops yet dismiss ours. Your call. Yet I bet you'd be critical of your student pilot showing up at the flying club not heeding the advice you or other instructors gave. You'd keep your eye on the likes of this unprofessional wannabe because he or she is the type that always seems to know better...... You'd complain about new instructors coming to your outfit doing it for far, FAR less and at a lower standard that severely undermines your job and renumeration, yet you do the exact same to the CX pilots and industry as whole anyway.

Guys like you will not read John Warhams "The 49ers - The True Story" because it may contain information that you have ignorantly decided does not fit the mold of needed information. Fella, you can memorise the 744 fuel system and policy all you want. Thats all it is: memory retention to pass an interview, nothing more, nothing less. John's book is a life lesson of CX and airline ops. Go to another thread (http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbo...ook-49ers.html) but you wont like it because others with EXPERIENCE offer comment & input that doesn't fit your Shiny Jet Syndrome At Any Cost thought process.

VFE, you've made your decision & so be it. You believe that anonymity is the cheap safe guard behind such posts. Fascinating coming from a guy with 1649 (& counting) of such "anonymous" posts..... Again, if you would read John's book you would understand. Then again ignorance is bliss it seems.

Present day CX pilots' housing allowance agreement is up for renewal soon. You have to be naive in the extreme to not think the CPP contract isn't placing undue pressure on this! VFE, you rant about "everything that is wrong with capitalistic thinking" yet you haven't the backbone to practice what you preach, yet instead seek to contribute to it.

And if you think present CX pilots go to work smiling and back-slapping their bosses, then it really shows your complete and utter ignorance to what really goes on. Have a few beers with some of the guys and you'll realise that the s.o.b. management guys - lowest of the low are the management pilots screwing their fellow pilots - are ignored and by and large drink alone on overnights as the pariahs they are.

Your information comes from speculation, not FACT.